What Are The Benefits of Online Education?
Saying that online education entails many benefits sounds a little perky. But, why not? There is no doubt that eLearning contributes to professional development and upskills technical knowledge. Lots of online users already witnessed effective educational services provided by numerous online learning platforms. They also take advantage of digital communication with like-minded people, which makes the learning process even more efficient.
Great benefits of online learning can be especially appreciated by those who used to go through a headache of taking correspondence courses for gaining credits and earning an academic degree. These learners can truly evaluate and notice drastic improvements brought by online education. Online learners take an active part in educational processes interacting in groups and communicating 1-on-1 with accredited instructors in real time. Basically, online learning provides both – group communication and personal interaction.
Now, let’s specify more reasons why online education is so advantageous and beneficial to a present-day learner. What are those benefits? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
- What Are The Benefits of Online Education?
- Start your educational journey with learning how to learn
- Tip 1. Do not omit the importance of self-discipline.
- Tip 2. Pick hours that you can fully dedicate to studies.
- Tip 3. Maintain your study area well organized.
- Tip 4. Get everything that causes a distraction out of the way.
- Tip 5. Try to maintain the level of activity on a high scale.
- Tip 6. Don’t be afraid of collaborating with others and leveraging your networking skills.
- How is online education provided?
- In conclusion. Is online school a good option for receiving an education?
Start your educational journey with learning how to learn
Obviously, online education uses more learning approaches compared to traditional training. Before going into this game, learn how the process of taking classes online really works. Develop an effective strategy that would make your learning process more efficient. We have prepared a brief outline of useful tips to help you on your way to success.
Tip 1. Do not omit the importance of self-discipline.
Treat online courses just like you would’ve treated learning in the real nonvirtual world. No secret, it’s easy to fall into an unfocused state of mind while studying online. Eventually, you catch yourself browsing around your favorite online store picking through stuff rather than focusing attention on learning. So, stay motivated and keep reminding yourself that you need to focus on a particular task for classes, instead of shifting your mind to irrelevant areas and browsing mindlessly around the Internet.
Tip 2. Pick hours that you can fully dedicate to studies.
After you’ve created your scheduler, try to stick to it as much as you can. Online learning it’s not all only about absorbing knowledge, a big part of it is time management. So, spend time wisely! If you’re not that good at time management, take a helpful course on Grinfer “How to Manage Time Effectively and Increase Productivity” created by Skillay Academy. During the course you’ll analyze and revise the way you spend your time. By the end of the course, you’ll get plenty of practical hints that work well which will improve your time management skills and let you balance your goals more effectively.
In the meantime, read few tips that also work for improving time management skills while learning online:
- Arrange a schedule every week and do your best in trying to commit to it. Have particular hours included in your weekly scheduler for reading, listening or watching lectures, toiling on assignments, participating in forums and group discussions, etc. Set reminders that ring the bell telling you to start working on tasks or get access to online consultation.
- Try to keep a close eye on the syllabus, especially when the semester just started. Keep track of major projects, assignments, and events. Marking deadlines on a calendar is a good idea. Check once in a while whether you are catching up with everything or not.
- Evaluate the amount of workload which is coming up every week and plan ahead. Try to plan everything in a way that would give you some extra time in case anything unplanned or urgent happens and can mess up your already arranged schedule. Remember, no matter what is going on in your life (except the end of the world), you’ll still need to get everything done and meet deadlines for your assignments.
- By the way, taking breaks and letting yourself chill a little will maintain the level of accountability. Don’t be afraid to keep it up throughout the day during study sessions.
Tip 3. Maintain your study area well organized.
Don’t learn in the cluttered space. Since many of us are now stuck at home in a voluntary isolation because of the COVID-19 pandemic, establish some sort of daily routine for your learning online tasks. Pick a particular area in the apartment/house you live in and set it up for study purposes. It needs to have a stable Internet connection without lagging. Have headphones ready and test them once in a while just to make sure they work well. Keep all files with printed materials, books, tutorials (in printed form), syllabus in one place, and keep them organized.
Tip 4. Get everything that causes a distraction out of the way.
Ditch everything that won’t really be needed during study hours. Keep your cell phones turned off or put it on vibrate, log out from any social media accounts (unless you need them for classes), don’t think about your favorite shows on Netflix (you’ll watch them later). In case, if you’re one of those people who can learn stuff while listening to music, not a problem. Everybody is different and approaches tasks differently. So, do whatever it takes to focus and get a good grasp on learning material.
Tip 5. Try to maintain the level of activity on a high scale.
Participate in assigned activities on a regular basis. Active participation in online forums and discussion boards will help you to understand assigned topics better and learn the material more effectively. Also, that way you’ll be always up to date and knowledgeable about what your instructors are posting and what your classmates are saying. Active participation will let you stay in control of your learning process. It will also help to ask timely questions and ask for timely feedback whenever issues arise.
Tip 6. Don’t be afraid of collaborating with others and leveraging your networking skills.
Yes, online education is mostly about studying on your own and at your pace. But this is not exactly true. Today, more and more instructors try to set up and build their courses around the concept of collaboration with others. Even though online learning doesn’t imply face-to-face communication, don’t hesitate or don’t be afraid to be a part of virtual study groups and discussion boards where students interact on a daily basis. Online education can be just as resourceful in terms of communication and provide plenty of opportunities for building relationships and leveraging networks.
How is online education provided?
In our fast-changing tech world of constantly circulating data, e-learning has nearly all the chances to become the principal way of getting the education. Some ambitious people are looking for any opportunity to gain more new skills to stay at the top of the competition in the job market. Some just simply need to go through training for a new job. So, here comes the main benefit of the Internet – online learning and training platforms. They deliver information fast, efficient, and instantly with no delays.
To those, who value time management, staying on the right track with online learning, and being fully aware of most current changes, updates, or new skills for career requirements is precious. For the most part, all you have to do is register and pay the amount of money they ask you to pay for the course you’re interested in. Oh, yeah, many eLearning platforms started to offer courses for free now because of the coronavirus pandemic. So, keep an eye out for promo codes for coupons or newsletters announcing free access to certain online courses.
There are many e-learning platforms to choose from today. But before you draw any kind of conclusion whether this approach works for you or not, try at least a couple of them just to see which one is more effective or easier to work with. By the way, the word “easy ” doesn’t imply content or style of teaching here. It just meant the accessibility of the website’s interface or how fast you receive a reply to your inquiries or e-mails asking for help or assistance.
The main concept of any e-learning platform is pretty much similar. You just have to find one that appeals personally to you. Now, take a quick pick at an outline on how online learning works on the Grinfer e-learning platform:
- The Grinfer platform provides full access to online courses (either paid or free) through self-service systems. With online courses you’ll get plenty of additional learning materials, as video and audio lectures, digital tutorials, ebooks, etc.;
- In addition to on-demand courses, you can book 1-1 consultations with any instructor or consultant who provides this service on Grinfer. Just pick an instructor you want to receive a consultation from, choose a time slot in the booking calendar, and book a consultation. Once your request is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation with the time when you can jump on a face-to-face video session.
- On Grinfer, all courses are created and delivered by licensed or highly skilled mentors with extensive experience in the chosen field.
- Lots of topics for courses (I liked courses on marketing and courses on computer programming)
- Decent pricing (most of the online courses there come with less than $20).
- The fact that all options are available for free (for example, updates for courses, author registration, creating a course, promotions of courses you created, etc.).
- The support team is pretty fast in responding to your questions.
By the way, if you’re an expert in something, you should definitely create online content for courses on topics that you already know. Provide your expertise in areas you’re proficient in on the Grinfer learning platform and make good money! Need more information or assistance with anything? Feel free to reach out to Grinfer’s support team in case of any questions. They are also pretty good at providing feedback and giving some tips on how to improve your courses so it will sell better and faster. Once you sell a course on Grinfer, you will make money by earning an author’s commission from sales, which is much higher compared to many other online learning platforms.
In conclusion. Is online school a good option for receiving an education?
Before wrapping up this blog post, let’s talk one more time whether online education can be a good option if you’re looking for getting a degree or diploma. If you read more articles on this subject in the Grinfer’s blog, you’ll see that there are definitely more benefits to online education rather than disadvantages. Here are some points covering both – advantages and disadvantages for you to look at:
Advantages of online learning:
- More flexibility with other projects and activities with having your own scheduler for studies set up;
- Easy monitoring and having full control over the whole learning process;
- Constantly gaining and sharpening tech skills;
- Getting access at any time and any place with the Internet connection;
- Saving time and money on gas without having to drive to campus every day;
- Lower cost of courses;
- Access to course programs from colleges and universities that are too far away.
Disadvantages of online learning:
- Absence of real communication – all interactions with classmates occur online;
- A total time you spend online can increase because of studies;
- Can’t get your hands on the actual training (only either virtual simulators are provided or step-by-step instructions);
- The level of stress can increase since sometimes it can be challenging to squeeze those learning activities into your day scheduler.
- Not all majors and degrees are available.
In actuality, you’ll never know until you try. So, take the step forward and sign up for a class or two. eLearning platforms like Grinfer can be a great place to start and get some experience with online learning. So, visit Grinfer and pick a course that interests you. Contact our support team for more info or in case you want to receive coupons with promo codes to get awesome discounts for all online courses offered on Grinfer today.
Due to the harmful effects of coronavirus, I’ve decided to consider enrolling my sister in an online school instead. Thanks for listing the benefits of online education. I like what you said that this offers her the flexibility to do other projects on her own schedule. Besides, it is also beneficial because the costs of the courses are lower.