6 Awesome Ways of Repurposing Content 
Even though today’s web sites are mostly filled with visual content, creating unique and high-quality narrations keeps being one of the hottest topics and often even challenging aspects. No secret, most people would rather make a pause form a routine just to scroll through glossy pictures than read something, but nicely written content makes lots of users happy too. If for some reason you are having a hard time getting new content either for a blog, description for the marketing online course, or any website, read through these tips of repurposing content which you already posted at some point in time.
In this article, you’ll learn how to repurpose content and get benefits from doing so like:
- Gaining high ranks among users;
- Giving more value to the website or blog;
- Driving more traffic to the website;
- Improving your company’s credentials;
- Encouraging visitors to convert;
- Boosting organic search engine traffic;
- Refreshing outdated posts and information;
- Providing a second life to a company’s agenda.
Understand the concepts of the repurposing process. While going to rewrite an already existing content, it doesn’t mean you need to use the same text over and over again every time. Before starting, ask the following questions – where to look to find an outdated source for repurposing? What criteria should be applied to decide whether this particular content qualifies for repurposing or not? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
- 6 Awesome Ways of Repurposing Content 
- #1. Make the past content work for the future with blog archives
- #2. Drive traffic with syndication
- #3. Learn and try a strategy called “Skyscraper”
- #4. Be inspirational with video content you made out of your blog posts
- #5. SlideShare is a great tool for content repurposing
- #6. Launching an online course is a smart way to go
#1. Make the past content work for the future with blog archives
Think about what you can do with your archives containing outdated posts. Well, there is great potential. If you go back to outdated blog archives and review them, you’d be excited to see how many posts are still relevant to the present time and worth rewriting. A nice strategy would be in finding evergreen content that still speaks about things that interest people. Some old posts can be even over 2 or 3 years old and still be useful, making a splash of attention from the readers years later.
Use analytics for tracking those posts that were ranked as a top during the last year or so. Review monthly reports to find out what articles were frequently read and climbed to the top of the chart. After you’re finished with repurposing, make sure that a newly generated content looks appealing and fresh.
Some platforms used for republishing:
- Inbound – a platform used for promotion and additional exposure of posts. This platform works with content related to inbound marketing.
- Reddit – this page gained extreme popularity among Internet users. The main feature of Reddit is in generating news written by users. Then it offers links to pages made for users to vote and promote the most popular posts.
- GrowthHackers – works and promotes posts that speak about startup marketing. Just send the URL to your post and promote it.
- Hacker News – works with posts either about computers or marketing and mainly popular among programmers or entrepreneurs.
- Medium – a platform that will let you republish posts and make them available to a wide audience. Being able to open an account through social media like Facebook makes it convenient.
- BizSugar – takes republished posts and categorizes them in accordance with topics like technology, startups, marketing, etc.
- Social Media – allows you to submit content either manually or automatically (via your RSS feed). After submission, editors pick to promote the content which they think is more interesting and add it to their homepages.
- Business 2 Community – this platform works with content related to news, tech world, business, a world of finances, glamour, or entertainment.
#2. Drive traffic with syndication
Content syndication is an effective strategy used for republishing blog posts in order to bring them forward for the wider Internet community to review. It does networking first and then turns blog posts into suggestable to readers. That way they see your posts as relevant to the information they were looking for initially. The catch is that you’ll be investing money into this. You need to pay an extra buck for pay per click. However, it will pay off later.
After choosing this strategy, blog posts will end up in the category of “related posts” and will be recommended for reading. This strategy has proved itself effective for traffic increase and bringing new people in.
Networks used for content syndication:
- Outbrain (CNN likes it)
- Zemanta (controls a title you picked)
- Taboola (exposes posts to a wide range of people)
- SImpleReach (determines what posts is worth sharing and for later promotion)
- ARC (exposes posts to a wide range of social media)
- LinkWithin (a widget that utilizes thumbnail images for displaying relevant information)
- PR Newswire (assists in reaching a target audience through different syndication channels and networks)
- ZergNet (uses websites for the promotion that are relevant to your content).
#3. Learn and try a strategy called “Skyscraper”
Are you struggling with creating good quality content? Using a Skyscraper strategy is efficient for resolving such a problem. This technique is mostly utilized for the given topic and makes the process of repurposing faster and easier.
Look through steps that will help you understand this particular technique better:
- First, pick a keyword. Then review the top 10 results that pop up in the search engine for the keyword you chose (BuzzSumo is a useful tool for finding the top-rated content which is most shared by users on the Internet).
- Make an outline or generate a spreadsheet with the information you found in posts. If some information is missing, then make a note of it.
- Make a note in case you noticed a shortage of details in such content like videos or infographics.
- Go ahead, don’t hesitate to add absent details.
- Generate your post in such a way that it looks more complete and resourceful compared to the initial text.
#4. Be inspirational with video content you made out of your blog posts
No surprise, many blog posts already have lots of useful information or evergreen content. Since many users would rather watch videos, then read. Create videos with blog posts and inspire them through visual content. A nicely arranged informative video is able to draw attention. After adding some interesting graphics, odds are you might end up having a hit that will gain popularity across various platforms.
Another good option is to create video podcasts, which in most cases become a good starting point for a larger discussion or interaction with people. So, give it a thought.
Some basic tips on converting posts into video content:
- Come up with a nicely written script. Make an outline of the points you think are important and which would cover enough time for making a video for not more than 10 minutes or so. Don’t make it too long and keep the script rather condensed and straight to the point.
- Grab a camera to make a video shoot. Even a camera on the phone is absolutely fine, in case you can’t get more professional equipment. Another alternative option that works is to create a video with such popular social platforms like Facebook.
- So, you have your video all set up for the YouTube channel but want to get extra mileage out of it. A trick here would be breaking it into chunks shorter in length for you, so to speak, mini-series, which you’ll share later on any social platform.
#5. SlideShare is a great tool for content repurposing
Perhaps you have this nicely arranged PowerPoint presentation sitting around, which you don’t want to waste, but it has been outdated a little bit. Use SlideShare and give your presentation a fresh look and a second chance. SlideShare was designed for making slide decks. This is a good place where you can create something new out of the old stuff. Make sure that your presentation contains nice images and good quality text good for repurposing.
First, outline those points that you think are important and then move to make sub-headers. For a hint – keep them just the same as they were in title slides. Separate information by topics and sections just to keep it easy to skimmers. That way they will be able to browse through information much faster by jumping to the particular deck. After a slide deck is downloaded in SlideShare, the option of adding it to your website becomes available as well. Another advantage of using SlideShare – expanding visibility and presence on LinkedIn.
In case you need to do some editing of decks, Canva would be a good tool for this. This is a useful software utilized mainly for photo-editing. Make an editing process fun and simple. Canva offers lots of premade templates, blog graphics, and so on, which generates slide decks faster and easier for social media postings.
#6. Launching an online course is a smart way to go
Forbes once stated – building a nice online course made from scratch “demands just the same quantity of time as when you are in the process of writing a good book.” Since online courses gain popularity at a rapid pace, it would be a smart idea to use your blog posts’ info for creating a course and becoming an online instructor.
To start, find a good blog archive that you think would make a useful online course. Then it’s stuffed with lots of useful “how-to-do” posts because you will need it for generating your educational material. Some useful Internet technology platforms which provide hosting are Teachery, Podia, Pathwright, CourseMinded.
So, what is the advantage of it? The expansion of the email list is a bonus that any marketer is striving for. Usually, any course would ask learners to share or exchange emails to get access. Use your free courses as a magnet for generating and expanding your email lists.
Obtaining a chance to show expertise and, as a result, to establish authority. You’ll receive better credentials and recognition if the online course you created gained popularity and people ranked it as useful. An online course you created will clearly demonstrate your knowledge, as well as experience. Then you’ll start building a nice positive community around the course you teach. Create a Facebook group of students and teach an online marketing course, exchange and share information.
If you are looking for ways to gain more experience or receive useful information on this topic, then take an online course “The Basic Guide To Content Repurposing” offered on Grinfer for just $19.99. This course was created by Sorin Amzu, Online Performance Manager and digital marketing specialist. He provides expertise with 10+ years of hands-on experience in digital marketing.
This course will provide you with all hints and tips on how to take one content and turn it to something entirely new and fresh.
fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector don’t
notice this. You should proceed your writing.
I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
always i used to read smaller articles or reviews which as well clear their
motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading here.
Cool thank you!
This was super helpful! Thanks!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️
Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site,
how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The
account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea
Its such as you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this,
such as you wrote the book in it or something. I feel
that you could do with a few percent to power
the message house a little bit, however other than that, that is
fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.
It’s the best time to make a few plans for the
longer term and it is time to be happy. I’ve learn this put up and if
I could I wish to recommend you some fascinating
issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article.
I want to read even more issues about it! I could not refrain from commenting.
Exceptionally well written!
Thanks for sharing this. Cheers